I used to not have a morning routine until a few months ago. I created a morning routine because to be quite honest, all of my mentors have one! Who are my mentors exactly? A ton of successful entrepreneurs that I look up to. They don’t even know they’re my mentors, obvs. Or that I even exist. Anyway, I digress.
I was introduced to the idea of a morning routine last Fall by Hal Elrod. Hal is the author of the Miracle Morning. A 6 step morning routine to help you have a successful day. Hal studied the most successful people in the world trying to figure out what made them successful. He realized that it was a collection of things which made up the 6 Step Miracle Morning.
I took what I needed from his routine, added in a few other things I needed, and created my own. The thing about morning routines is that it is made just for you. Not 2 people are made to have the same morning routine. The only requirement of a morning routine is to… do it in the morning. Setting up your morning for success will ensure you have a successful day.
Here is my morning routine that I do every single day:
- Skincare – Find all of my favorite skincare goodies here.
- Coffee – I drink coffee every single day and add a lot of supplements to it such as MCT oil and herbal mushrooms. They both help with brain fog, concentration, and focus. I get mine from Wild Foods Co. My favs are Lion’s Mane and Cocotropic. Check them out here.
- Read – I try to read for 20-30 mins a day, at minimum 10 pages total. I’m currently reading Millionaire Success Habits by Dean Graziosi. I’ve only been reading books on business, entrepreneurship, and personal development.
- Gratitude – I write down at least 5 things I am grateful for every day. 1 thing is always related to my physical body. Like everyone, I have my insecurities and when I write gratitude for my body, my insecurities go away.
- Affirmations – I write down 5 statements of affirmations. Words of Affirmations is one of my Love Languages and it helps me with visualization and manifestation.
- Start Today – I’m sure you have heard of Rachel Hollis by now and if you haven’t, what is you doinnnn?!?! The Start Today journal was born a few years ago and it includes writing gratitude, the goal you are going to achieve for the day, and 10 dreams you made happen. You write 10 dreams down as if you have already accomplished it. You are more likely to accomplish your goals if you write them down.
- Journal – I just write down anything that is on my mind.
- Power List – Created by Andy Frisella, the power list is your Top 5 Critical Tasks for the day that are non-negotiables. You have to do these 5 things no matter what.