Growing up, I thought my boobs would come in late because my mom had a pretty good set of boobs. Little did I know, she actually got a breast aug and my tits would never come in!!! I was insecure about my small chest for the longest time, but I have grown to accept and loveeee my little boobs and I love being part of the IBTC.
Confidence and acceptance of my body didn’t always come natural for me. I went to high school with beautiful colored girls with well developed bodies and there I was… a stick with hot dogs for legs. Girls were stuffing their bras to make their tits look big to impress boys that didn’t matter. I spent my entire high school years thinking my 5’4” 120lb body wasn’t beautiful or good enough. I kept chasing everything society told us was beautiful–a big rack, nice ass, make up done, nails did, hair did, everything did!
Girls with small tits want big tits and girls with big tits want little tits. There is no right or wrong chest size here. There is only one thing that is TRUE in all of this and it is that WE ALWAYS WANT WHAT WE DON’T HAVE.
It wasn’t until recently that I finally learned how to truly love myself and accept my body for what it is and here are some tips on how I developed that skill:
- Give yourself GRACE – give yourself credit where it is due and always give yourself GRACE. Don’t be too hard on yourself and appreciate the process.
- STOP Comparing yourself to others – comparison is the thief of joy.
- Wear things that make you FEEL good – try on everything in your closet and if it makes you feel like shit, throw it away or put it in storage for the future. If it makes you feel good, wear it more often and wear more clothes like it.
- DAILY GRATITUDE of 1 Thing you are grateful for your body – Every morning I write down 5 things I am grateful for and 1 of those things is always related to my body. This morning, I wrote that I am thankful that my body is healthy and able to do anything I set my mind to. Even though my body can’t run 5 miles, I’m grateful I can run at least 1.
- Shift your MINDSET – If you often hear success stories of other people and immediately think, “yeah, but,” I challenge you to change that to “and how can I do the same?”
- FOLLOW people on Social Media that makes you feel good and UNFOLLOW people on Social Media who make you feel like shit – pretty self explanatory here
- Surround yourself with people who RADIATE POSITIVITY – people say you are a combination of the top 5 people you surround yourself with. If you are surrounded by Negative Nancy’s… you’ll become one.
- Realize you are your own WORST CRITIC – when someone compliments you, believe them!
- Do NOT fake it until you make it – seek professional help when you need it. It is not something to be ashamed of when you need to talk to a therapist. It is a form of self love and the most respectful thing you can do for yourself.
Part of accepting my body for what it is and wearing things that make me feel good led me to PEPPER.
PEPPER is a brand for women with small boobs, banding together and celebrating our bodies and conquering body stereotypes once and for all.
Ladies.. These bras are actually COMFORTABLE and super cute! When Pepper reached out, I thought to myself, “FINALLY! Something for me!” Bras have never fit me right with the gaps and weird pointy cups. I usually live in activewear so I wear sports bras 90% of the time but I need a really good “real” bra for date nights and girls’ nights! When I tried on these bras, it was like a match made in heaven! They hugged me in all the right places and actually made my breasts look perky! I am convinced I have been wearing the wrong bras my entire life. Bonus points: they’re also a sustainable brand.
Wearing: Limitless wire free Bra
I have compassion and empathy for every woman out there who thinks they aren’t good enough. Our bodies are something to celebrate and we can’t allow unrealistic beauty standards destroy our confidence and steal our joy. We are made for so much more than tearing ourselves apart in order to accept ourselves or to feel accepted into society.
Do more things that make you FEEL strong, FEEL empowered, FEEL healthy rather than just vanity metrics. It can be something as simple as finding the perfect bra to give you loads of confidence. When we look good, we feel good, and when we feel good… we are unstoppable.