It seems like writing thank you notes are at thing of the past, and it’s definitely something that is far out of practice, especially with our generation. I can’t remember the exact time or who influenced me to do this, but I’ve been writing thank you notes since high school for various reasons.
I just remember receiving a thank you note in the mail from a teacher and it made me feel some type of way, and I wanted to make my friends and family feel the same way. I personally love receiving thank you notes because it makes me feel appreciated.
If I order something from a friend and they write me a personal thank you note, I’m more likely to be a loyal returning customer because they actually appreciated my business. I write thank you notes to make sure my friends know I appreciate everything they’ve done for me. Whether it’s a quick thank you for a purchase, a gift, giving me a ride, or just being an overall amazing friend, I make it a point to send thank you notes. I keep cards on hand at all times!
Why you should send thank you notes:
- It’s personal
- Writing thank you notes means that the recipient is important to you and you can show them you care enough to be thoughtful.
- It’s memorable
- It’s very likely that if you’ve ever written me a thank you note, I have it saved in a box somewhere, after it was displayed on my fridge for a few months.
- They make people feel special and appreciated.
- It sets you apart
- Customers are more likely to be loyal and returning customers if they receive hand written thank you notes from the business owner.
- Nobody else does it, so it sets you apart from your competition.